Make delicious, fresh-tasting sour cream at home with this direct-set starter culture. No starter to maintain. Use sour cream in a variety of recipes.
- Each box contains 4 packets of starter culture.
- Use 1 packet of starter culture with 1-4 quarts of cream (store extra packets in the freezer).
- Cultures at room temperature, 24º-25ºC, no appliance required.
- This culture is suitable for use with raw or pasteurized light cream or cream.
- Avoid ultra-pasteurized or UHT.
- Single-use culture – each packet can be used to make one batch of sour cream.
- Instructions for making sour cream are included with your starter.
Sour Cream Starter Culture Instructions
- Instructions for using this culture are included.
Sour Cream Starter Culture Ingredients
- Milk, live active cultures (Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis, Lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris, Lactococcus lactis biovar. diacetylactis and Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. cremoris)
- This product contains no GMO ingredients.
- This product is gluten-free.
Sour Cream Starter Culture Allergen Information
- Contains dairy.
- Packaged in a facility that also manufactures products made with soy and dairy.
Shipping Information and Shelf Life
- Our Sour Cream Starter Culture is shipped in a barrier-sealed packet as a freeze-dried culture in a dairy carrier.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Use by date on box.