Use this starter culture as an alternative to culturing vegetables with salt or whey.
- Each box contains 6 packets of starter culture. Store extra packets in freezer until ready to use.
- Use to culture vegetables or to culture cream for making cultured butter or creme fraiche (see below).
- To culture vegetables add 1 packet culture to any vegetable ferment. Follow recipe instructions or ferment each batch at 70°F 21°C for several days.
- Direct-set (single-use) culture.
- Additional instructions and recipes are included.
- Not appropriate for culturing fruit, according to the manufacturer.
Body Ecology Starter Culture Instructions
- Add 1 packet culture to any vegetable ferment.
- Follow recipe instructions or ferment each batch at 70°F 21°C for several days.
- To make crème fraîche, add 1 packet starter culture to 1 pint heavy whipping cream. Culture at 72-75°F 22-24°C for 24 hours.
Body Ecology Starter Culture Ingredients and Allergen Information
- Lactobacillus plantarum, pediococcus acidolactici, leuconostoc cremoris, and inulin.
- This product contains no GMO ingredients.
- According to the manufacturer, this product is dairy-free, soy-free, and gluten-free.
- May contain trace amounts of dairy.
- Inulin is derived from chicory root.
Body Ecology Starter Storage and Shipping Information
Store in refrigerator or freezer. This product is shipped in a dehydrated state and keeps:
- In the refrigerator 12 months
- In the freezer 12 months or more